Set your alarms and turn on your calendar reminders; it’s almost time for MagicCon: Philadelphia tickets go on-sale! Tickets will be available for purchase at 10:00 AM PT on Thursday, December 1st here. Ahead of tickets going on-sale we had a couple of important event details/reminders we wanted to share with you.
Health & Safety:
With the ever-evolving nature of COVID-19, we are constantly looking at the published guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities and government and trying to make decisions that can accommodate all of our customers and promote a safe gathering.
At MagicCon: Philadelphia all event attendees will be required to wear approved face coverings. Verification of vaccination or proof of negative test are not required for admission to the Pennsylvania Convention Center or MagicCon: Philadelphia.
Please note these policies are subject to change and every participant, including fans, exhibitors, guests and staff must comply with the health & safety requirements in place at the time of MagicCon: Philadelphia. For more information, please visit our Health & Safety page.
Playing Magic at MagicCon: Philadelphia
We learned a lot from Magic 30 and are working hard behind the scenes to make changes to improve the attendee experience. We heard your feedback loud and clear and at MagicCon: Philadelphia we will have more play space, more event space, and more Command Zone! Command Zone access will be purchasable as an add-on for any ticket for $30/day or $75 for the entire three-day weekend.
We are so excited to share that Pastimes Events are coming to MagicCon: Philadelphia to host all kinds of tournament play for attendees throughout the entire weekend! The full event schedule is now live and can be viewed here. Below you can find some important play reminders put together by Pastimes to help you have an even smoother event experience. Please be sure to read these carefully ahead of registering for an event!
General Play Reminders:
- Don’t forget - you need to register in advance! For a detailed step-by-step guide on how to register in these events, please visit our How To Buy page.
- Event attendees will need a Wizards Account and must have the Magic Companion app installed on their phones.
- After purchasing a tournament add-on you will receive a code in your confirmation email, please enter this code the day of and at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your event. You do NOT need to come up to Tournament Headquarters once you have put in your code, there is NO action required even if your app says so!
- All Tournament Add-ons are non-refundable and non-transferable and cannot be reproduced, resold or upgraded.
- Don’t forget to review the estimated event lengths for each tournament in the description of each event. We are unable to provide a refund if you purchase a tournament that starts before your previous tournament has finished.
For Team Events:
- All registrations are for the whole team not individuals. We will not be assisting with finding teammates for players.
- Only the Primary player for each team should enter the event's code into their Magic Companion app. Please enter this code the day of and at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your event. You do NOT need to come up to Tournament Headquarters once you have put in your code, there is NO action required even if your app says so!
On Demand Events:
- There will be on demand events at MagicCon: Philadelphia! These events will be running throughout the entire weekend subject to capacity and will run on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All on demand event registrations will take place at the show. More information about the types of on demand play taking place throughout the weekend will be available soon!
- To participate you need a Wizards Account and the Magic Companion app installed on your cellphone..
Event Format details:
- These can be found at https://www.pastimesevents.com/what-is-magic/#popular
- If you have questions about scheduled events, on demand events, or tournaments in general at MagicCon: Philadelphia, please contact Pastimes on the Pastimes Premiere Events Discord Server.
- For all other MagicCon: Philadelphia questions, please contact us directly.
We will have more MagicCon news to share with you soon, so stay tuned for more exciting event updates!
- The MagicCon Crew.